Dr. Peter Gordon Smoot
b. 22 May 1863, d. 12 October 1928
Smoot was born on 22 May 1863 in Mason County, Kentucky.1,2 He was the son of William Perrine Smoot and Mary Keziah Gordon. Dr. Peter Gordon Smoot was educated in 1883 in Center College, Danville, Kentucky.2 He was educated in 1888 in The New York Homeopathic Medical College, New York City, New York.3,2 He married Lillie May Thomas circa 1893.1 Dr. Peter Gordon Smoot was a physician in 1900 in Maysville, Mason County, Kentucky.1 He and Lillie May Thomas lived between June 1900 and 1920 in 310 Market St., Maysville, Mason County, Kentucky.1,4 Dr. Peter Gordon Smoot and Lillie May Thomas appeared on the census of 1920 in Maysville.4 Dr. Peter Gordon Smoot died on 12 October 1928 in Mason County, at age 65.5 He was buried in Maysville Cemetery, Maysville, Mason County, Kentucky.6
- [S76] Various, 1900 U.S. Census record, unknown repository address, Genealogy.com Internet Service, Mason Co., Film 543, Book 1, Page 88.
- [S180] E. Polk Johnson, History of Kentucky and Kentuckians: The Leaders and Representative Men in Commerce, Industry and Modern Activities (Chicago - New York: The Lewis Publishing Company, 1912), Biographical sketch on page 1397. Hereinafter cited as Kentucky and Kentuckians.
- [S100] Estate of P.A. Gordon v. Surviving relatives, Case 25697: From P.G. Smoot's deposition., Fleming County Courthouse, Flemingsburg, Fleming County, Kentucky.
- [S181] 1920 U.S. Census, http://www.heritagequestonline.com, Heritage Quest Online, Series T625, roll 591, page 23.
- [S71] Indexed person, Kentucky Death Index n/a, Ancestry.com Internet Genealogical Service, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as Kentucky Death Index.
- [S55] Various Headstones, Maysville Cemetery, Maysville, Mason County, Kentucky; W. Douglas Gordon, Oct 2001.
- [S70] Ancestry.com, 1910 U.S. Census (www.ancestry.com: MyFamily.com). Hereinafter cited as 1910 Census.